Located at Agios Andreas, 5b Acheon Street, Lavinia Court, Nicosia.
TEL: +357 24008686
FAX: +357 24008689
Emergency: +357 99656067
Opening Hours: Please contact us beforehand, to arrange pick-up and drop-off
Also known as Lefkosia, Nicosia has been the island's capital city since the 10th century and has origins dating back to the Bronze Age. Divided by the "Green Line" to separate it from the area occupied by the Turkish army, the ancient town of Nicosia is the Seat Of Government, Diplomatic Headquarters and Cultural Centre of Cyprus. Now a busy and modern metropolis with a population of over 177,000, the "old town" is still recognizable by the powerful Venetian walls surrounding it, built over 400 years ago.
Eleftheria Square links the old and the new regions. The city is now a mixture of modern hotels, restaurants and offices, blending happily with fine old houses and colonial buildings. Many museums can be found in the area and are well worth a visit, in particular the Ethnological Museum (formerly The House Of Dragoman Hatzigeorgakis Kornesios) which is probably the most important 18th Century building in the whole of Nicosia. The oldest Byzantine church in Nicosia, Chrystaliniotissa Church, is dedicated to "Our Lady Of The Golden Flax" and is believed to have been built in 1450 by Queen Helena Palaeologos.